Saturday, September 17, 2011

Being Stupid

Off late, the world has left me feeling stupid for so many reasons that I prefer not to reveal my choices, about what I love and what I hate, about what I enjoy and what I detest. I fear to be mocked down (Of not having liked Bodyguard, of not having watched the Twilight series, of not having followed that American TV series, of not supporting the Anna movement,of not able to tolerate the series called MTV Roadies, of advocating the beauty of not having things than having them).

The recent spate of bollywood hits like Bodyguard and Singham has bestowed upon me me an inferiority complex of not being able to appreciate the beauty of these movies. Probably it hallmarks me of not having quite a taste or not being a connoisseur.So many people watched and loved these movies that I wonder I can openly call them in public as bad movies. I could avoid Singham but I could not avoid Bodyguard just because of the lovely mass marketing done by the coterie formed by all the channels (and the leader being the news channels obviously). My belief of being a a stupid was provoked further when I could not find those jokes funny to which the entire hall was laughing at.

Delhi gives me further more reasons to feel stupid. Why don't I love hanging out at malls? Last time it was raining I took a halt at India Gate in order to enjoy rains with some equally ecstatic people. I used to do it in Bombay. When it used to rain I used to walk on the marine drive and get a heightened feeling at the site of ocean changing colors and simultaneously watch people enjoy rains. But to my dismay I found the entire India Gate road empty although the rain was not in flurry but was just like kissing your face types. The only people I encountered there were cops who questioned me to what was I doing alone in rains in India Gate. I replied that I was just walking by and it isn't that heavy a rain.

Another reason for being stupid these days is people's take on photography these days. When a random cow's portrait clicked by DSLR is considered as good photography. Where the better the camera one posseses, better the photographer one has become.

I hope by now, you must have started sending your bouquet of sympathies to me.

"yun hi rakhte rahe bachpan se dil saaf hum apna....
Pata nahi tha ki keemat toh chehro ki hoti hai, dil ki nahi..."

12 comments :

Anonymous said...

hmmm after a long time you have written something good :P

Wandering Sonata said...

If being stupid means to be honest and genuine..then yes, I'm guilty. You do know "being stupid" is also relative, right? :P

Vishal said...

Kya yaar...tune bodyguard nahin dekhi
kinni mast movie hai :P :P :P

shalini said...

the last two lines are beautiful...

khushboo said...

VC Being Stupid did one good thing, it bought you back with words...

keep being stupid...

bondgal_rulz said...

bottomline: you are hanging out with ALL the WRONG ppl!!!

Haven't seen Twilight, don't care about either Bodyguard or Singham,got into heated arguments with boss atg work for not supporting Anna, and yet living with no feeling of "feeling stupid"!

And yeah, dilli is a shehar jahan dil aur chehron dono ki keemat nahi hoti, yahan chehre bhi har pal badalte hain dost :)

crypticrow said...

welcome to the club, dost! ;)

bahut achha likha hai! (aur yeh 'sympathy bouquet' nahi hai meri taraf se)

nP said...

will you marry me vC ? :)

Zlaek said...

Second everything that Isha said...

Stop feeling stupid and get on with your life. There exist amazing things to wonder about, if you decided to look outside the social spheres.

vC said...

@Pranali- really? I had to stoop my level to write this.

@Neelanjana- I donno who is being genuine. Probably they call it flamboyance and all. I guess non-chalance is the best solution

@Vishal- Maine bodyguard dekh li..mast thi..

@shalini- yup..out of the entire thing, last two lines stand out

@khushboo- it seems more like a desperate attempt to be back with words. I hope I really get back with decent stuff now.

@bondgalz- wat an eyeopener u have been?

@kalyani- thanks..

@nP- and here I am blushing!

@chinmayee- after knowing me, do u really think I am feeling stupid over petty issues!!

Tess said...

I can't send bouquet of sympathies, because then I'd have to get one for myself too !

Lets see, I've never heard of the twilight series, can't stand roadies, don't plan to watch singham or bodyguard, don't like 'hanging out' in malls, and didn't support that version of the jokepal bill either, anna or no anna.

To each their own.

And yes the last two lines were really lovely!

AnuragLS said...

beautiful yaar vikas.. reading all ur recent ones today.. easily the pick !!!

btw ant ki do panktiyan khud likhi hai??